APPELLATION: Calatayud DO.
VINIFICATION: Hand harvested of garnacha grape from 70-100 years old vines at a hight altitude of 800-1.000 meters. The grapes were destemmed and fermented in cement tanks. Malolactic fermentation was also completed in cement. Following fermentation the wine was aged for 6 months in a combination of 50% used French oak barrels and 50% used American oak barrels.
TASTING NOTES: Dark ruby color with shades of purple. Sexy and silky palate, spice-accented blackberry and cherry aromas and a brilliant ruby color with violet notes. This distinctly Garnacha wine finishes with excellent length and warm tannins.
FOOD PAIRING: Grilled Octopus, scallops risotto, pasta, roasted chicken, steak, filet mignon or have the satisfaction to enjoy it on its own.
- 93 Gilbert y Gaillard; vntg 2019
- 91 Wine Advocate (R. Parker); vntg 2018.
- 91 Wine & Spirits, vntg 2018
- 93 James Suckling, vntg 2016
- GOLD MEDAL Berliner Wine Trophy, vntg 2016
- 91 Wine Advocate (R. Parker); vntg 2015